Tuesday 4 September 2012

It was worth the trip

Well, here we are.
Sorry I missed the last few days -- I never got the time to write. But it's never too late to describe an elephant ride. It was a boring ride, like a car, except taller and open roofed. Not as exiting as they say it is. Yesterday It rained like crazy, so we only did half of what we were supposed to do. We noticed that when we got back to the hotel and told the driver we wanted to be picked up at seven for dinner, he seemed angry. The other night, me and mom watched the movie Gandhi along with 2012 which I saw on a movie channel. Gandhi was moving, 2012 was exciting, and I can't decide which I liked better.

Today, we went to the Taj Mahal, and the story of its creation would make a great romance movie. We can see it from our hotel room, and it is amazing. When people realized that pollution could ruin marble, they made sure only electric cars and bikes were allowed to be driven to there. The hotel we are staying in sells cokes for 175 rupees ($3.50), and the two hours of internet that we can get is $9.00. And they say New York is expensive!

3 comments:

  1. Owen, I am really enjoying your blog, but have had a hard time getting my comments to be published. We are all eager to have you back home and to here more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny about the cab driver. I think sometimes it is hard to tell what emotion people are experiencing, especially when you are travelling. I bet he wasn't really angry. I bet he went home and told his kids about this American boy who got in the cab. What do you think he would tell them about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. owen, this is grandpa david, not grandma mary! what an exciting trip you had. remind me sometime to tell you about my " taj" adventure.

    ReplyDelete